Logo of the Tennessee Association for Justice
The Tennessee Association for Justice (TAJ) is a statewide non-profit organization for trial lawyers throughout the state. Established in 1964, the TAJ strives to improve the civil justice system and preserve the right to a trial by jury.
TAJ has specific practice groups for attorneys practicing Civil Rights & Governmental Tort Liability, Medical Malpractice, Worker’s Compensation, Consumer Protection & Insurance, Family Law, and Nursing Home Law.
TAJ serves as a professional organization for Tennessee personal injury lawyers and other attorneys who represent plaintiffs in courtroom settings. TAJ also advocates for greater access to courts and the right to a trial by jury.
The organization also has a political action committee (PAC), Lawyers Involved for Tennessee, that may make campaign expenditures for and against candidates for elected office.
Benefits of Joining TAJ
The benefits of joining the Tennessee Association for Justice include:
- Discounts to numerous continuing legal education (CLE) seminars hosted or sponsored by TAJ;
- Access to the brief bank and expert witness deposition bank via TrialSmith;
- Discounts from third party vendors on service including insurance;
- Networking opportunities at various meetings and conferences held throughout the year at locations throughout the State of Tennessee;
- Access to general and specific list servers where members can share information or asks questions of other members;
- A voice in state politics through TAJ’s political action committee, LIFT PAC; and
- Receive a copy of The Tennessee Trial Lawyer, a quarterly magazine published by TAJ. Past issues can be accessed through the members only section of the website.
Members can also receive information and support in specific practice areas for Civil Rights & Governmental Tort Liability, Medical Malpractice, Worker’s Compensation, Consumer Protection & Insurance, Family Law, and Nursing Home Law.
Members of TAJ can get more involved with the organization by joining various committees that match best with their interests and talents. Committees on TAJ include:
- Access to Justice Committee
- Amicus Curae Committee
- CLE Committee
- Legislative Committee
- Consumer Affairs Committee
- Community Relations Committee
- Finance and Budget Committee
- Membership Committee
- Publications Committee
- Ethics Committee
Zogby | Top Liquor Shop
Contact Information for TAJTennessee Association For Justice
1903 Division Street
Nashville, TN 37203
Phone: (615) 329-3000
Fax: (615) 329-8131